Monday, November 18, 2013

On Assassination

Yesterday I posted the following on my primary blog:
The fact is that the assassination of a significant political figure is essentially a suicide mission. The term assassin is derived from the Islamic cult of the Assassins.  A group whose members were induced into performing suicide missions through the use of hashish.
Even though more than sufficient grounds have been provided for a seizure of the Federal Government by force it will not happen because those who can do so understand that Barack Obama is not the cause of the problem, he is merely the symptom.  The actual problem is the subculture holds the rights of individuals in contempt and is willing to use force to reach their goals.  A single assassination will not solve this problem.
Though there is no shortage of trained individuals who are able to carry out the mission it will not happen because we who have the necessary skills understand that it would be futile.  If Barack Obama were assassinated it will be the result of someone who identified him as insufficiently Marxist or Islamic in action.
I basically explained why an act of assassination would not come from the Conservative or Libertarian Right.  If it did happen it would be from a former supporter or an inside job.

The quoted text was part of an article I submitted to an Objectivist mailing list.  The owner of the list rejected the post and said this:
Even to write about why you *won't* assassinate the President is both inappropriate and likely to bring the FBI down on you.
Okay.  Perhaps it is inappropriate for a philosophical forum. 

I responded:
Sir,
I understand your point.  But I've been tempting fate and the FBI for about two decades now.  I've posted The Resister online and contributed to it.  And I've stopped believing that the failure of the Feds to act is due to an affirmative action diversity hire failing to do her job.

But then perhaps I've been insufficiently provocative.
The fact of the matter is that I openly stated that His Imperial Majesty The President of the United States is not worth the effort and hazard of removing by lethal force.

He's not worth the bullet.


No comments: